Title transfers in Missouri must take place for a variety of reason. Here’s a few examples:
- Moving to Missouri
- Buying or selling a vehicle
- Removing a lien from a Missouri title
- Inherited, donated, or gifted vehicles
If you’re not looking forward to heading to the DMV to take care of it, mailing in the information is another option (as long as you’re not looking to drive your new or used car right away).
Whether you’re going to head to the DMV or mail in your information, there’s still a question of what all you’ll need to submit.
Know that it varies depending on the reason for the transfer. Below is a checklist of items you’ll need when moving to Missouri
- Your out-of-state vehicle title
- Application for Missouri Title and License (Form DOR-108)
- Proof that you have obtained Missouri car insurance
- Statement of Non-Assessment from the assessor’s office where your new residence is
- Proof that a VIN and odometer inspection was performed by an authorized inspection station
- Proof that a safety and/or emissions inspection was performed by an authorized inspection station
- Payment for all fees for title transfers