Motorcycle crashes can be especially harrowing ordeals. The injuries sustained are usually worse, and there can be a lot of commotion to deal with. However, the steps taken in the seconds, minutes, and hours after such a crash can be critical when determining how things will move forward.
Here are the basic steps to take after a motorcycle crash:
- Move to safety. If possible, move everyone involved to the side of the road or out of harm’s way.
- Gather evidence. Call the police so that they can begin a police report. In the meantime, you can begin gathering witness statements and taking photographs of the crash scene.
- Call insurance. Let your insurance company know what’s going on as soon as possible.
- See a doctor. Even if you think your injuries are minor, seeing a doctor and documenting all visits is important.
- Call an attorney. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help you understand how best to move forward for compensation.
Continue reading to learn more about motorcycle accident injury claims.