When it comes to maintaining a home, it’s a huge responsibility that shouldn’t be taken lightly. By being proactive and following a checklist of items you should do each year, you can save yourself a lot of time, money, frustration and heartache.
Here’s 15 things every homeowner should do at least once a year:
- Have you air conditioner looked at by an HVAC professional.
- Clean out your pantry.
- Clean dryer vent.
- Purge old medications and personal hygiene products.
- Check steps, decks and porches.
- Clean out garage.
- Monitor old dead trees and landscaping.
- Inspect for water damage.
- Check your foundation for issues.
- Drain your hot water heater.
- Inspect ductwork.
- Review homeowners insurance policy.
- Inventory items in your home.
- Clean gutters.
- Have roof inspected.
For more in details and other suggested to-do items, check out the Reader’s Digest article: 16 Things All Smart Homeowners Do Once a Year.